Submitting a Billboard Slide
Please go to the Billboard Community page to submit your slide, and our content approver will review it to see if it is appropriate to go on our screens. Currently, we approve slides that have some relation to CHASS, that is, where college faculty, departments/units, or student groups are in some way sponsoring the event.
If you are part of a different group and wish to have your slide displayed on the CHASS screens, please do not email the administrators listed in the Billboard system as they are only responsible for maintaining the screen hardware. Instead, please send an email to Heather Moylan (firstname.lastname@example.org) with the name of the slide in the billboard community you wish to have displayed as well as a description of the content.
Instructions for submitting your slide are as follows:
- Go to https://billboard.ncsu.edu/index/community
- Select the "Add a Slide" tab (If you don't see this tab, be sure to Login to the page via the Login link at the top)
- Fill out the form to submit the slide.
- Please include a descriptive Slide Title and Slide Description.
- Please be sure to include Suggested Start Date and Suggested End Date so we know when your slide should run. If it is a large range of time, be aware that we typically will run slides at most for 4-6 weeks.
- If you are a CHASS Faculty/Unit/Student group, please be sure to include "CHASS" as the unit.
- Important: Our screens have a resolution of 1920 by 1080, so please size your image accordingly. See the following instructions for creating a slide.
- Instructions for creating a slide in powerpoint are located: /faqs/create_billboard.php
We receive e-mails with new slides on Mondays and Thursdays mornings around 7:30 am.
If you need to make changes to your slide, please go to the "My Slides" tab under Billboard Community (If you don't see this tab, make sure that you are logged in). From there, you can edit the Slide Information, and delete the slide if you have a mistake on the slide and need to submit a new one. You can also see where your slide is displayed.
You can check to see if your slide has been displayed by checking the Billboard Screens page or going to the "My Slides" tab under the Billboard Community. More information on locating your slide here.
All screens listed under CHASS are controlled by the CHASS Dean's Office, except the screens on the second floor Winston and the first floor of Tompkins facing Hillsborough. Clicking on the screen gives you all the slides in rotation for that screen. Your slide will not be displayed, however, if the current date doesn't fall in between the start/end dates for your slide.