PoodLL plugin for Moodle
PoodLL is a series of plugins for Moodle, the learning management system. It adds features such as audio and video recording, whiteboards which students can submit drawings and annotations from.
Assignment in PoodLL
Creating assignment in PoodLL
- To add a new Assignment activity to your course, login with the appropriate access rights (e.g. editing teacher, course creator or administrator) and Turn Editing On.
- After you turn the editing on, you will be able to see 'Add an activity or resource' link on your page in different topics. Choose the topic where you want to add the Assignment and click on Add an activity or resource link in that topic.
- In the Add an activity or resource dialogue box that appears, select Assignment and click Add.
- To edit an existing Assignment activity, login to your course with the appropriate access rights (e.g. editing teacher, course creator or administrator) and Turn Editing On. Select the Update icon against the relevant Assignment item.
- Alternatively, after logging into your course simply click on the name of the Assignment activity you wish to edit and then click the Edit Settings link under Assignment administration within the Settings block.
By clicking on the Microphone Icon in the above figure, you will be able to add Voice Recording to the description of the assignment that you have created.
- Click on the record button to start recording and stop when you are done. Use the middle play button which will be highlighted when you complete recording and make sure that the voice is properly recorded.
- After making sure that recording was done properly, click Insert to insert the voice recording in your description.
Drawing on White Board
- You can draw in the blank white space that is provided using the mouse and there is an eraser provided to remove unnecessary parts.
- After completing your drawing, save the picture and make sure that it is what you wanted to add to the assignment and then click Insert to attach it to the description of your assignment.
Taking a Picture
- You will be able to see a camera preview in the area under 'Take a picture'. Click on the camera button to take the snapshot that you want and then you will be able to view it.
- If you are satisfied with the image that you have taken, click on the Insert button to add it to the description of your assignment.
Here you can decide how you wish students to submit their work to you.
When the Online PoodLL option Is checked, the learners will be able to submit audio recordings, video recordings, snap pictures or use a whiteboard as per the PoodLL submission settings.
Click below the PoodLL Rec. Type as marked in the picture below and it will give a dropdown menu of the various media types that can be allowed.
- MP3 Voice Recorder
- Voice Recorder (Red5)
- Video Recorder
- White Board
You can use the Poodl Rec. Time Limit to allow the maximum time of the recording.
PoodLL Whiteboard Back can be used to allow students draw on any picture. To select the background image, click on the icon in your page as marked in the below screenshot. You can upload a file which acts as a background image on which the students can draw.(Useful for pointing in maps or drawing routes).
If set to Yes, a teacher or grader can record audio recordings and provide it as a feedback to the submission, which a student has submitted as an online text type assignment.
Forums in PoodLL
Similar to assignment, Audio, Video recordings and Drawings on White Board can be added in the description of Forums.
Adding a Forum
In the topic that you want to add the Forum, click on 'Add an activity or resource' when editing is turned on as explained above.
While adding description to the Forum, you will be able to add a voice recording or a drawing on a whiteboard or a Snapshot from your device's camera.
After adding the description, you or learners can add topics to discuss.
In the topic description, you can add Voice Recordings, Drawings on Whiteboard or a Snapshot from your device's camera.
Even when replying to the topic in your forum, you will be able to add Voice Recordings, Drawings on Whiteboard or a Snapshot from your device's camera.